It can be argued that there is no course more famous than Pebble Beach®. With its spectacular views of the ocean, this course has more “signature holes,” than most any course. Whether you are walking with the Pacific Ocean on your left side on the 18thhole or driving from the elevated tee-box on the 7th hole, looking directly at the Pacific Ocean.
- Pebble Beach® has hosted the U.S. Open 5 times. It will host the tournament again in 2019.
- The golf course was designed by Jack Neville and Douglas Grant in 1919.
- Pebble Beach® Golf Course is one of four courses at the Pebble Beach® Resort. The other courses are: The Links at Spanish Bay®, Spyglass Hill®, and Del Monte®.
- The AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am was originally started by Bing Crosby in 1937. Sam Snead won the first tournament, which at the time was 18-holes, and collected his $500 prize money.
- It was here in 1972 that Jack Nicklaus hit one of the most famous golf shots of all time. Nicklaus, in pursuit of a Grand Slam, defiantly hit his One-Iron into gale force winds. The ball bounce once on the green, hit the flag stick, and came to rest within inches of the hole.
©2018 GRAND SLAM GOLF ACADEMY INC.